Powell-Peralta® decks are manufactured in our Santa Barbara skateboard factory, which is still directed by a few of the same craftsmen that made them originally. Skate One designed and fabricated AirLam™ low pressure air bladder presses are used to laminate 7 plies of the finest grade American, hard rock maple, with high strength, water resistant glue. Each deck is then sealed against moisture with a water base acrylic semi-gloss finish. Silk-screened decks are given an additional coat of clear acrylic to add protection to the multi-layer ink coating. Powell-Peralta decks are precisely controlled in thickness for optimum performance and warranted against de-lamination for the useful life of the deck.
All Powell-Peralta® LIGAMENT™ decks have one wider, more robust polymeric strap, instead of the three skinnier straps that were found in the original LIGAMENT™. The reinforcing strap is strong and flexible, like the ligaments that connect your muscles to your bones. Even when you break the board, the ligament strap will hold your deck together allowing you to ride out of it, instead of doing the groin-tearing splits. LIGAMENT™ decks weigh the same as a 7-ply maple deck, but have more pop, stay stiff longer than ordinary boards, and prevent the deck from ever breaking into two pieces because of the LIGAMENT™ in each one.
The Powell-Peralta® team gives LIGAMENT™ technology two thumbs up after many months of testing, and on February 15, 2011 Aldrin Garcia set a new High Ollie World Record of 45" using a Powell-Peralta® LIGAMENT™ deck.
- Greater confidence.
- More pop for higher ollies.
- Stiffer, longer-lasting flex for increased board life.
Powell-Peralta® Deck Concaves
- Spoon Nose II, A re-issue of the classic Powell-Peralta® Golden Age mold we made the original Bones Brigade’s decks from. Features a spoon nose kick tail with slight concave on the kick tail intended for making 10" x 30" style decks.
- Maximum wheel base—17.25 inches. Non-symmetrical nose to tail.
- A double kick nose with extra deep concave that adds significant stiffness to a deck. This allows us to reduce a K12 deck’s thickness and weight without losing pop and response. It also features a steep, flat nose and tail.
- Maximum wheel base—14.50 inches. Non-symmetrical nose to tail.
- Consider this an upgrade that replaces the K10 concave. A double kick nose with deeper, smoother concave, longer wheelbase, concave kick on nose and tail and a scoop tail for a more secure foot placement without feeling trapped. A big boy version of the K12 allowing all terrain ripping with the stability of a longer wheelbase. Less wheel bite because the steeper concave goes out to the edge of the board.
- Maximum wheel base—15.75" Non symmetrical nose to tail.
- This is like our K12 with a shorter wheelbase for smaller skaters.
- Maximum wheel base—12.25 inches. Non-symmetrical nose to tail.
Powell-Peralta® Concave Reference
|Name||Nose/Tail||Max Width||Depth||Angle/Tail||Angle/Nose||Radius/Tail||Radius/Nose||Max Wheelbase|