The Samurai is a pure bred race and freeride board developed by 2009, 2010, and 2014 Downhill World Champion Kevin Reimer. The goal of the Samurai is simple: to be the fastest and easiest to ride downhill board available today. The Samurai has a 3/8 inch drop that will hold you in place for sliding, drifting, or freeriding and also features a flat-topped W concave that is meant to be subtle enough to not effect pushing, but noticeable enough to hold your foot on toeside corners and slides.
Many of todays downhill and freeride boards have intense concave that hurts your feet and in fact hinders your skating, and the Samurai has the opposite of these extremes. The concave of the Samurai is more gentle and round than other concaves which allows for more foot contact with the board, meaning more grip, more control, and less feedback that can slow you down. The Samurai has been built with the least amount of material possible in order to keep the deck extremely light weight, and allow the use of large race wheels 75mm and above without wheel bite.
- Ultra lightweight construction for quicker starts and response
- Gentle radial concave, for more foot contact
- Flat top W concave
- Extremely stiff torsionally with gentle longitudinal flex
- Integrated cast urethane bumpers
- 3/8 inch drop to glue your feet to the board while sliding, and lower your center of gravity
- Race shape with wheel clearance for 75mm and up wheels
- Tri-axial fiberglass and carbon fiber skins
- High strength epoxy glue
- Super light, multi-species wooden core
- Hard, cast polyurethane bumpers
- Much love and sweat
Length 36.75" Width 10" Thickness TBD
Drop Center: 0.375" Deck shape: #230 Concave Mold DW-1 Wheelbase 29" Nose 1.38" Tail 1.38" Avg. Weight: 3.65 lbs.
Original artwork created for Kevin Reimer by V.C. Johnson
Release date: 2015